This pregnancy was a BIG SURPRISE for us. I had thought that I could be pregnant. But then again I thought maybe it was just me wanting to be pregnant. Maybe I was making some of the way I was feeling up in my head. I didn't really want to voice it to Jimmy, cause what if I was wrong? Plus, I was waiting for my period after the miscarriage. After a miscarriage your doctor tells you to be careful, let your body heal wait for X amount of time until you start trying again. Well with my doctor it was wait until you get your first period after the miscarriage. I finally broke down and took a pregnancy test May 6th,7th, and 8th they all came back not pregnant. But I still felt like I was pregnant. But I swore I would not waste anymore money on buying pregnancy test just cause I had a feeling. May 10th came around, and that morning I had a dream that I took a pregnancy test and it came back positive. I didn't have any test in the house, cause I had used them all. All day I fought with myself over should I buy another test or not. Around 3 in the afternoon I decided I would go to Target and buy one, and take it so it would get off my mind. So I went and got the test. I did not tell Jimmy about it, cause once again what if I was wrong? By the time I had got home Jimmy was home. I hid the test in my purse. And of course Jimmy wanted to sit down and talk about our budget. So how was I gonna sneak off and take this test now? Well luckly Jimmy got a call from his boss, so I was given some time. I went to the bathroom and did my thing. They tell you its better to test in the morning, but I just could not wait that long. So I wasn't sure how it would turn out. As I sit there staring at this test. The test line comes up, and nothing else. I was about ready to just throw the test away, but I had a feeling to just wait a little bit longer. And slowly but surely a second line started to appear. I about died. I could not believe all my feelings had been right. So I go out of the bathroom kind of in shock. And Jimmy still wants to talk about saving up more money. Right then I just blurted out that I'm pregnant. Jimmy got this shocked look on his face, then he was like "that's great" and gave me a hug. So I worked the next day, and with working around x-rays and having to take time off before for the miscarriage, I decided that I would tell the people at work in case I needed time off or what not. I called my doctor the next day they got me on my prenatal vitamin, baby aspirin, folic acid, progesterone. They wanted to try the meds this time around to see if it would help.
So Saturday May 12th my dad, step mom and Cannon where coming up to go to the museum for mother's day. Jimmy and I where going to meet them there, and make a day out of it. Maybe a hour or so before they got there I noticed that I was spotting very light red. I about broke down. Me being pregnant and spotting in any kind of way has never been good. I went outside I told Jimmy what was going on. I started to cry. You think about why is this happening again, whats wrong with me, why so soon? I was not sure if we should go or just stay home and put myself on bed rest. I decided that no matter what I did if I was going to lose the pregnancy it was going to happen no matter what. There is nothing to stop it at this point. So I decided to just enjoy my day and try not to think about it. That night I went to bed thinking that I was going to wake up in a ton of pain. I was very surprised the next morning nothing had happened yet. I was still spotting. On Monday I called my doctor and they wanted me to come in right away that day and have my blood drawn. I went back in that Thursday to get my blood drawn again to see if my level where going up or down. I waited for ever for the doctor to call with the results. No one called, so Friday I broke down and called them. Good news! My levels went up wonderfully! They put me on bed rest as soon as I got home from work. I could work but after work it was get in bed and stay in bed. I went in every week until my levels where high enough to get a ultrasound. I went and had my blood drawn for 3 weeks(?). Every week it kept going up! I was unsure some days how things where going. Some days I did not feel pregnant at all, not so tired, or sick. Other days I could sleep all day and felt like I could throw up at anytime. So I was very happy that everything kept going up. I was finally able to schedule our first ultrasound to find out how far along I was and to get a due date. Since I did not have a period, they weren't sure how far along I was.
So June 7th I had my ultrasound at 1. They tell you to drink 36 oz of water before you go in they want you to have a full bladder when you go in. I was not sure how much water to drink since I did not have anything around that was 36 oz. So I decided that I would just drink one of my large water bottles. I figured that would be enough. Jimmy on the other hand did not think that was enough, he was saying I needed to drink 4 of them! No way was I gonna do that. So he told me to only drink 2. After drinking one, I was super full, and he kept telling me I had to drink one more. I tired. But I could not get the whole thing down. I had started to feel sick, so I ended up drinking one and little over a half. Turns out I drank to much! Which is fine, but I liked the fact that I had been right. The ultrasound went good! The lady was super nice and she pointed out a lot of cool things. Turns out I was 7 weeks 2 days. There was a heartbeat! We didn't get to listen to it yet, cause it was still really early. But she did measure how many beats per minute, it was 152 a minute. Which she said was good. There is only one baby. My due date that the ultrasound tech gave us is January 22, 2013. So I guess that means the world can't end in December. :)
I was so nervous about the ultrasound. Was there going to be a heartbeat? So I googled what a heartbeat would look like on a ultrasound, and watched some Youtube videos on it. Cause I was not going to be tricked into thinking everything was going to be okay again. And since I knew what to kind of look for I could see the heart beating. So far everything is looking good. Like I said some days I feel great and other not so much. We are slowly starting to get excited. So we will see what the future hold for us.
Its a little GIRL! Jimmy was in shock when she told us. He was like are you sure? He was convinced that we where having a boy. So much so that he started buying boy stuff and calling her "he" every time we talked about her. I just couldn't help but laugh and tell him there goes all his money.
![]() |
![]() |
| 3D @ 7 weeks 2 days Due Date: January 22, 2013 |
10 week update!
Yes, we have made it to week 10 of our pregnancy! We are 1/4 of the way done. We had our first appointment with Dr. Hall. Everything went great! At this time he has no concerns for us. We tried to listen to the baby's heartbeat but the way that my uterus sat it was hard to get one :(. But when we go back in on July 16th the Dr. Hall said we would try again!
HOW HAVE I BEEN FEELING?:
It still really just depends on the day. But I have been feeling a lot better. I still feel sick sometimes at night. If I don't eat right away I don't feel so sick like before. Starting to not feel as tired all the time. I no longer sleep through the night, I have to get up at least once to use the bathroom. Plus I seem to toss and turn a lot at night too it seems like lately. I still have my "superman smell" going on. I swear I can smell just about any and everything no matter how far away. This drives Jimmy crazy cause I can not stand the smell of hot sauce, and he eats it on everything!
I really hope that this feeling sick feeling will slowly start to be a thing of the past. Its not very fun. Its even hard for me to brush my teeth some days cause I feel like I could puke anytime. But then again if I don't brush my teeth it makes the sickness even worse! I can not wait to be into the 2nd trimester!
12 weeks 6 days update!
Today (July 16, 2012) we had our second doctors appointment. We got to hear the baby's heart beat! I was so nervous, before the appointment. Would we get to hear it this time, would there even be a heart beat? The nurse was able to find it right away! Its heart beat was 158. All my lab work came back great. Everything looks great! Tomorrow I'll be 13 weeks. Almost into the second trimester. Just gotta keep on doing what we're doing.
HOW HAVE I BEEN FEELING?:
I've been feeling so much better! Not as tired, and not as yucky. Some days I'll feel a little sick, but nothing like it was.
16 week Update!
August 7th I became 16 weeks along in the pregnancy. I'm finally starting to feel like myself again! I don't feel sick hardly at all anymore. I am still pretty tired at night when it is around bedtime. But I don't feel like I need a nap every day. We are getting so close to finding out what we are having. At my appointment next week I really hope that my doctor will let us set up our ultrasound so we can find out if its a little boy or girl. So we can start really buying things! I decided to finally take a picture. I don't really feel pregnant. I feel more fat then anything. Its hard to see your body change and not be able to do much about it. I just hope that I don't get to big. Luckly I'm still in my normal clothes so that makes me feel a little better. But I still feel like I look so bad! Maybe once I have a pregnant belly I'll feel better.
17 week Update!
We had our 17 week doctor's check up. It seems like the night before my appointments I hardly get any sleep. I worry all night long if everything is still going to be okay. I only gained 3 pounds since my last appointment. (Last appointment I lost a pound). I'm pretty sure all 3 pounds came from my birthday weekend which was filled with tons of junk food (oops!) Blood pressure was good! We got to hear the baby's heartbeat again. Still sounds strong! It did worry me a little that it had gone down. I was 158 bpm, and this time it was 144 bpm. So to me it went down a lot. Then nurse told me that its normal for the heart rate to go down as the baby gets bigger. She said that sometimes it'll round out at 130 if it gets to 120 or lower thats when we start worrying. My doctor also did not seem to worry about the heart rate going down. Maybe I'm just over worrying? When the heart rate was higher I would tell Jimmy its a girl cause they say girls have higher heart rates. So once we heard it this time, he was like see its a boy it has a lower heart rate! Luckily my doctor let us set up our ultrasound to find out what we are having. Bad news its still 3 weeks away! Time better fly! We are dying to know what it is. So we can start doing some real shopping and picking out baby names. Just so thankful that everything seems to be going good for this little baby, I sure hope it stays that way!
20 Weeks!
We have made it half way through the pregnancy! Its starting to seem more real everyday. I don't really feel to pregnant. I really haven't popped out until recently (I feel like) and I did not feel the baby move until week 19. And it wasn't flutters, it was kicks. And it was at random times. So I wasn't sure if I was just making it up in my head. But the more and more it happened the more I realized it probably was the baby. 20 weeks means that we where going to get our ultrasound! It was scheduled for Sept. 6 @9am. We kept the date of the ultrasound a secret. We thought it would be more fun to just surprise everyone. I don't think my mom felt the same, but in the end she'll be happy once she knows what it is.
So the day of the ultrasound you have to drink 32oz of liquid in 30mins starting a hour before your appointment, so you will have a full bladder. At our first ultrasound the lady told us to drink orange juice instead cause it'll wake up the baby. So of course Jimmy wanted me to do that. At first it wasn't to bad. But close to the end I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to finish the orange juice. It was hard to get down at the end. But it paid off! The baby was flipping, punching and kicking the whole time. The ultrasound lady was having some trouble getting some of the pictures because the baby would not hold still. (Oops..) But it was so fun to see it moving. We have to go back in to get another ultrasound in 3-4 weeks. There was a bright white spot in the heart. It freaked me out when the doctor came in to look at the heart. And of course it took them a while to get a good view of it because the baby was moving. The doctor told us its probably nothing to worry about, more then likely its just the way that their ultrasound is taking the picture. But they do want us to go back in when the baby is a little older. But everything else looks wonderful. The heart rate this time was 164! Much higher then it was at our last doctor's appointment. So maybe the baby was sleeping before and not full of sugar? Just being able to see the baby, and it looking like a baby has made it a whole lot more real for Jimmy and I. I am getting so much more excited. The ultrasound lady was able to tell right away what the baby's gender is.
| 3D picture of part of the face with hands by face. The baby was moving like crazy so it was hard to get a good picture. |
| A little fist up by its head |
| A little foot! |
| The profile! |
21-27 Weeks
I have been so bad at posting this/ keeping it updated. Everything has been going good with the pregnancy. Nothing to exciting. Just trying to get things ready before the baby arrives. I'm convinced that we have a lazy baby. She does have her moments when she is super active, but for the most part she is pretty quite. I had the glucose test Oct. 19, when they checked her heart rate it was 169! The nurse looked surprised she made the comment that the baby really likes sugar. All I could think was, well if only you knew her dad you would understand. I ended up failing my test. They want you to be around 140, and I was 150. So lucky me had to go and do the 2 hour test. So lets hope that I pass this time!











No comments:
Post a Comment