I left Idaho on the 28th so I had a couple of days in San Diego before Jimmy was to come home, that way I wouldn't be in a huge rush to get to San Diego in one day. So I didn't make it into San Diego until the 29th. So I had one day to just hang out and go and do somethings before Jimmy flew in... The days before he was suppose to get off the boat where the worst because I knew he was right off the coast of San Diego, but he wasn't able to get off the boat right away, and it seemed to go by so slow...
The morning of the 31st seemed to go by even slower... Jimmy woke me up at 6 a.m. to tell me what he was going to be flying in, so I would know what to look for... I think he was more excited then me at that point. It seemed like it took me forever to get dressed, cause I wanted to look good for him since I hadn't seen him for about 8 months...So after like 5 outfit changes I finally decided on a t-shirt and a mini jean skirt. I was so nervous and excited that whole morning... Jimmy wasn't suppose to fly in until 2 that afternoon. So to kill time I went and walked around the mall, then went back to base and had some lunch... I kept looking at my phone to see what time it was...It felt like 2 o'clock was never going to come... And the whole time Jimmy is texting me, giving me little updates about if they were going to be on time or not... And just telling
me that he couldn't wait to see me...Basicly trying to calm my nerves a little... Cause I was so nervous to see him after almost 8 months... He did send me a picture of him waiting to fly out..
The morning of the 31st seemed to go by even slower... Jimmy woke me up at 6 a.m. to tell me what he was going to be flying in, so I would know what to look for... I think he was more excited then me at that point. It seemed like it took me forever to get dressed, cause I wanted to look good for him since I hadn't seen him for about 8 months...So after like 5 outfit changes I finally decided on a t-shirt and a mini jean skirt. I was so nervous and excited that whole morning... Jimmy wasn't suppose to fly in until 2 that afternoon. So to kill time I went and walked around the mall, then went back to base and had some lunch... I kept looking at my phone to see what time it was...It felt like 2 o'clock was never going to come... And the whole time Jimmy is texting me, giving me little updates about if they were going to be on time or not... And just telling
me that he couldn't wait to see me...Basicly trying to calm my nerves a little... Cause I was so nervous to see him after almost 8 months... He did send me a picture of him waiting to fly out.. So after lunch I decided that we had a hour until Jimmy was to fly in so I might as well head over to the hanger and wait for him... (Time really slowed down that last hour... When we walked into the hanger they had people there handing out little american flags and they had welcome signs up, tons of food and cold drinks, and a little slide show of the deployement...It all felt very welcoming... As they started to fly back to
Miramar Jimmy told me that he was in the last helicopter so I would know which one to look for... As the time got closer and closer to 2 o'clock everyone started to move out of the hanger to the fences...Every time someone would hear a jet taking off they would start yelling thinking that was them flying in so everyone would start yelling and waving their flags... After the first couple of times I was like will you people stop getting my all worked up for nothing? As they made their way closer to Miramar Jimmy started texting me telling me where they were at... Finally they made it one base!
Miramar Jimmy told me that he was in the last helicopter so I would know which one to look for... As the time got closer and closer to 2 o'clock everyone started to move out of the hanger to the fences...Every time someone would hear a jet taking off they would start yelling thinking that was them flying in so everyone would start yelling and waving their flags... After the first couple of times I was like will you people stop getting my all worked up for nothing? As they made their way closer to Miramar Jimmy started texting me telling me where they were at... Finally they made it one base!
They did a fly by then flipped around and landed...Slowly one at a time the helicopters pulled in front of the hanger.



Once all the helicopters were all lined up everyone got out and got into formation. Then after what seemed like forever they marched them up to the crowd. Then after a minute or two they released them and they opened up the gates so that the families could find their loved ones. It was like a mad dash for some people...But for me I was more worried about being able to find Jimmy... As it turns out, I wasn't able to find him right away...I wondered around looking for him..I did find one of his friends and they only thing out of my mouth was, "were is Jimmy?" (I feel kind of bad now for that...But I was trying to find my husband so hopefully he understood)
So after having no luck finding Jimmy, and him not being able to find me, Jimmy called me to see where I was at. Turns out I was out in the middle of the crowd and he was off on the far left side right in front of the hanger, so I walked back to right in the middle front of the hanger and he must of seen me. So he started to walk my way, and I couldn't see him still, and I was looking right his way. I had to have him pointed out to me two or three times before I seen him. But
once I seen him I let out a little squeal and took off running towards him...I jumped into his arms then after a quick hug I had to get a kiss... I can't tell you how good it felt to be able to hug him again...After that I didn't let go of him unless I had too...




So glad he is home with you!!! You look so cute and so in love. I love the last picture..you can see the love in his face that he has for you! Good for you and Enjoy your time with him! We are thinking about ya! You are a better and stronger woman then I. I couldn't send my honey away like that. But how grateful I am that you do. Tell him thank you for us. We appreciate him fighting and protecting for our freedom!!! Take Care!!
ReplyDeleteTara