Well I've been wanting to start one of these, and I finially did it! As you all know I was married July 28,2008 to the greatest guy ever!(Or at least I think so) So I guess I'll just fill you in on our whirlwind romance. I meet Jimmy shortly before he joined the Marines. I thought he was a very very good looking guy, and he was nice, but just not my type. We kept in touch for a little while. After not talking for awhile he found me on myspace. I almost didn't add him cause of his display picture, it was a picture of him barfing after drinking to much. I thought that he was a huge partier, but I remembered how cute I thought he was. So I added him..
We slowly started talking more and more. Everytime I would log on to myspace I would have a comment or a letter from him. Then it went from just comments and emails to me staying up real late on the weekends so I could talk to him on MSN or he would wake up early during the week so he could talk to me while I was in accounting. (He was stationed over in Japan, so I had to stay up late cause of the time difference.) He was my go to guy . Any problems I had he heard about them. He would listen about all my guy problems. My boyfriend at the time didn't like Jimmy. And honestly I didn't know why, I mean he was "just a friend, and nothing was going to happen. We where just talking, plus he is in Japan".
After I was dumped I was upset. So I started to talk to Jimmy more and more. Slowly I started to realize how good I always felt when I talked to him. One night I was crying my eyes out cause of my ex and I was on the computer talking to Jimmy and he could tell how upset I was, so he asked for my new cell phone number. And 5 minutes after I gave it to him my phone rang. So I answered it, I didn't recognize his voice. The first thing he asked me was "who is this?" I was already upset and to have someone call my phone and ask who is this was the last thing I wanted to hear. I was really rude when I answered back "You called my phone, so who are you?" Once he told me who he was. I felt so so bad.

Anyways, we talked for 20 minutes, and after I got off the phone with him I couldn't stop smiling. Then from that day on I would get random calls from him. And after every call I couldn't stop smiling. One night after talking to him on the computer I was sitting in bed thinking about our conversation, and I decided right then and there that I was going to just come right out and tell him that I like him. So the next night I waited and waited for him to get on MSN but he never did, so I got up all the courage I had and I wrote him a email explaining how I felt when I talked to him and that I was starting to fall for him and that I would love to get the chance to be with him.
I was so nervous when I logged on the next day and seen that he replied to my email. He didn't really say much about it. He was basicly like "oh thats cool you like me". I never felt so stupid in my life! So I wrote him back and said that I understood that he didn't feel the same about me and that I would back off. Now here is the part where he confused me, he wrote back-" No don't back off". At this point I didn't know what to do. Cause I'm not going to go after him if he doesn't feel the same, I didn't want to look anymore stupid then I already did. Then about a week after I told him I liked him he kept telling me that all these old girlfriends where starting to show interest in him again. I couldn't handle hearing about all these other girls starting to hit on him. So I told him that we would just be friends and I understood if he wanted to get back together with some of the girls from his past. And yet again he kept telling me no don't back off, just keep doing what your doing.
At this point I was so confused. I was about to give up.
A couple weeks later I told Jimmy that I wouldn't be able to talk to him for a couple of weeks cause I was going on a family camping trip to Yellowstone, but I would have my cell with me incase he got his new phone and wanted to call me. The camping trip was 2 weeks long. I kept my phone on around the clock just incase he would call. I checked it like every 20 minutes just to make sure I didn't miss his call. Well the days went by and still no call. I had gave up on hearing from him. Then on the last night there, my phone rang. I didn't know the number. So I picked it up, and I was so happy when I heard his voice. I ran outside and into my aunt's car so I could talk to him in peace. We talked for over a hour. Towards the end of the phone call I decided I would try one more time to tell him how I felt. So I poured out my heart once again. I told him that I liked him, he was always there when I needed someone, that he made me feel good about myself instead of putting me down, and that I wanted to be with him and this was the last time I was going to put myself out there. I just wish that he would give me the chance to prove myself to him. And finially he said that he felt the same!I swear I about jumped out of my skin when he said that!(Later on he told me that he had liked me for a long time. And that he was trying to get me for awhile. But once I told him I liked him he wanted to see how much I really liked him and so he put me to the "test" thats why he was playing hard to get..Isn't that just mean?)
From that night on he would call me every night (real late our time, cause of the time difference) and we would talk for 3 hours every night. About a month or so after we where a thing, he found out that he was going to be getting deployed to Iraq. He called me that night like he always did. I could tell something was wrong. He wasn't his normal self. After we talked for a little while, he finially told me that he had something important to tell me. I didn't think much of it at first. He started out by saying he would understand if I didn't want to be with him anymore and if I wanted to date other guys, we could still be friends. (I was a little freaked out by now) Then he went on to tell me that he was going to be deployed to Iraq. I started crying, I was afraid for his safety. I told him that I wanted to be with him, and that I was not going to leave him cause he was going to be deployed.
From that moment on I knew that our relationship had changed. I could just feel it. Not to much later we found out that he would be going to Yuma to do some training before he was shipped out. He wanted me to fly down there and see him before he left. I hadn't seen him for a long time by now. I was nervous but I decided I to go. I can't even tell you what I felt when I walked out of the airport bathroom and seen him standing in front of the airport doors holding flowers. He looked twice as good as I remembered! I will also remember the trip to Yuma. After a couple of days being there with him he surprised me with my promise ring.
He put it in a cracker jack box. We sat down to watch a movie and eat cracker jacks. He was acting a little funny about the cracker jacks. I knew he didn't like them, but yet he was eating them. I could see him playing with something in the box. I could see that it was a ring! I was super excited, but then again I wanted to make him sweat a little. So I would reach in and grab some popcorn but not the ring. So he kept moving the ring around so I would grab it. I didn't make him sweat to long, I grab the ring and was all excited. He said some very nice things and slipped the ring on my ring finger and we promised eachother forever.
Shortly after he left Yuma he was sent to Iraq. That was a hard deployement, I have never worried about someone so much. He called me everyday unless he couldn't. Our relationship slowly got stronger and stronger. In December 2007 after not seeing him for a year he got to come home! I was at the Idaho Falls airport when he came in. His plane was 2 hours late! But I waited and waited. I was so nervous! When he came down the stairs he was holding a single rose. It was for me! We spent just about every day together that December.
T
he day before Christmas Eve we went and had some pictures taken. Then he took me out to a nice dinner. Then we went to this hill that over looked Pocatello. He blindfolded me and carried me down this little path. When we got where we where going he took the blindfold off. And there was a firepit with a fire, a tarp and some blankets, flowers, candles in the snow, and a basket with hot coco stuff in it. It was beautiful! (Thank you Ashley, Tenika, and Emily for setting it up! Your great!) We cuddled up in the blankets and ha
d some hot coco. It was so relaxing I feel asleep in Jimmy's arms. He woke me up by asking me if I was asleep. Of course I lied and said no. So then we sat quit for a couple of minutes, then he said " I had a lot of stuff planned that I was going to say but I forgot it all, so will you marry me?" and he pulled out the ring. I said yes right away.
Right after New Years Jimmy had to leave to go to San Diego to check into his next station. I was sad to see him go cause I love spending time with him. As soon as he got down there he started making plans for our life together. He found a apartment, he got everything in order. Shortly after Valentine's 2008 he came back to Idaho and picked me up, and we made our way down to San Diego. 
It was hard trying to plan a wedding in Idaho when I was so far away. But we got it done. It was a hot day in July. But the wedding wasn't until 5:30 that night so it wasn't so bad. It was a wonderful day. I wasn't nervous one little bit. I slept fine the night before, I was just ready to get it over with so everyone would know that I was his wife!
I love having his last name. I love the fact that he is all mine for the rest of our lifes. I love being able to go to bed and wake up next to him. I'm super excited for our furture together! I know that there will be bumps along the way but I'm still looking forward to them!
We are complete opposites. We do have our moments (no one is prefect). But we never say anything mean and hurtful when we fight, we both want our marriage more then anything else. So we will make this work no matter what!





No comments:
Post a Comment