Last March Jimmy took me to a real beach for my very first time. It was an over cast day,but a nice day. I wore flip flops cause we where going to the beach, and it just seemed like the smart thing to do. Jimmy wasn't thinking and wore normal shoes with socks. We both wore pants cause it was a little chilly out. When we got to the beach we both kicked off our shoes, rolled up our pants and walked bare foot down the beach.
I've never seen the ocean until that day. We didn't get in the water or anything cause it was to cold. But we held hands and walked down the beach picking up sea shells.
Silver Strand Beach is by far the best beach to get sea shells. If you like sand dollars then this is the beach for you! They are every where! By the time we where done walking on the beach we had about 12 sand dollars. So we walked over to the water to wash off as much sand off of our feet as we could before we put on our shoes. So I washed one foot off and slipped on a flip flop and did the same with the other foot. It was pretty easy. 
Now Jimmy on the other hand had a little bit of a hard time. He went as close to the edge of the water as he could and set down his shoes. He then started to wash off one foot, the tide was starting to come in so the water started to get a little deeper. So his pants that he had rolled up got all wet anyways and the water also splashed up and got him a little wet. (He was balancing on one foot)So he hurried up and slipped one sock on and was getting ready to put his shoe on when the waves started to come back in. He got wet once again, but this time the tide had taken his other shoe with it, and I hear him say "Ugh I got salt water in my eye! Ouch!!".
By this time I'm rolling on the ground with laughter. I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. And this older gentleman walked by and he had been watching the whole time too, and he was laughing. So since the water had started to take Jimmy's shoe out to sea with it, he was hopping on one foot after his shoe, which got him a little more wet. But in the end he got his shoe and his feet washed off. But that was the funniest thing ever!
When Ashely Came down for a week we didn't get to do to much. Cause poor Ashley got sick. But one day when she was feeling good we went to La Jolla Cove and then I took her to Silver Strand Beach. She kept talking about how she wanted to get some sand
dollars. So we decided to fit up Silver Strand cause there is always a ton there. I picked up two bags of sand dollar within 15 mins.They where everywhere! It was low tide so thats probably the best time to go!
After Ashley went back home I decided to lay out all my sand dollars in the bath tub so I could wash them off and see just how many had made it back home without getting broke. And the grand total was 232! Boy did Jimmy get a shock when he came home early from his two week float to find all those sand dollars in the bath tub!
La Jolla Cove
La Jolla Cove is one of my favorite places in San Diego. Its so pretty. The picture over to the left is a picture that I took with our camera and its not photo edited in anyway.
La Jolla Cove is famous of the wild seals that will come up and lay on the beach. Its so cool to see the seals out in the wild.
They have some rocks that you can walk out on. You can walk on the little beaches. If the tide is out you can see a ton of little tide pools. I'm going to paste some pictures of La Jolla Cove under this. None of the pictures have been photo edited in anyway, and all the pictures where taking by myself or Jimmy. Hope you enjoy them!


Del Mar Beach On Camp Pendleton
Once the weather got warm we and a couple of our friends decided one Saturday that we wanted to go to the beach.
So we loaded up all the food, and rented some body boards and headed off to the beach. I'm not sure why we went to Del Mar, probably because it wouldn't be very packed.
We cooked lots of good food. We played some beach volleyball. The boys went body boarding. I was a little nervous to get in the water cause well you know there is sharks in there!
Sarah and I played with some beach toys that she had bought. Then when the boys where eating Sarah and I decided that we where going to give body boarding a shot. It is so much fun! I love body boarding now! It was a fun day at the beach. But the sand was so hot that I had some blisters on my toes and I didn't want to wear any sunblock cause I wanted to get a little tan. Well that was a bad idea. I was so sunburned! I had blisters on my shoulders. It hurt to wear shirts with sleeves. I hurt for two weeks. Sarah got just as sunburned as I did. So we suffered together!





No comments:
Post a Comment